Creamy Tuscan Chicken
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to taste)
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less, to taste)
· 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise (about 1–1/2 pounds)
· 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
· 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
· 1 cup heavy cream
· 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
· 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
· 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
· Season sliced chicken breasts on each side with salt and pepper.
· Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, cooked through and no longer pink (about 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness).
· Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
· Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
· Add broth, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
· Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and continue to simmer (while stirring frequently) until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
· Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
· Return chicken to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
Fajita Chicken Roll-Ups
2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
Kosher salt and pepper
8 small (2 oz. each) chicken cutlets, trimmed
1 each yellow and red bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. honey
1 5-oz. package mixed greens
1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into half moons
1/4 c. (1 oz.) feta cheese
1.Heat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil, the cumin, oregano, half the garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Brush the chicken cutlets with the spice mixture. Divide the peppers among the cutlets, then roll up and secure tightly with wooden toothpicks or skewers.
3.Heat the remaining tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken seam-side down and cook until golden brown, about two minutes. Turn and cook 1 minute more, then transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 9 to 11 minutes.
4.Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, the remaining garlic, and a pinch of pepper. Toss with the greens, cucumber, and feta. Serve with the chicken.
Community Health Services of Union County, Inc.
Call Us: 704-296-0909
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1–1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons sriracha
1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained then diced
3 green onions, sliced thinly (white and green parts)
Butter lettuce leaves
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1.Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and yellow onion and cook until chicken is browned (about 5 minutes). Break chicken up with a spatula while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain in a colander and return to skillet.
2.Add garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha and stir well to evenly coat chicken.
3.Add water chestnuts and green onion. Cook an additional 2 minutes, or until green onions are tender, stirring frequently.
4.Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds.